It's something that's crossed my mind lately. Even writing sex worker in the title felt too illicit for this blog. I doubt I have children reading it, but still. And what audience am I really pandering to? When do I get to quit being a NiceGirl?!
Dating on apps is so ridiculous. Seemingly, enough of users use it to hookup or proposition others to hook up. Gross.
So maybe I should join a paid site to avoid this.
Or maybe I should monetize the experience. #capitalism
My adventures on Ashley Madison have certainly opened my eyes to a few things.
First here's a look back on what my experience has been hooking up with strangers I found on the internet (prior to and including Ashley Madison) as a female. This is based on their questions, comments, and general experience.
- They think you're trying them out as a gateway into prostitution.
- They think you're up for anything.
- They think you're uneducated or below them.
- They feel lucky.
- They think they can push boundaries.
- They are grateful.
- They think you want to hear their problems.
- They think you're trying to trick them or get them on the hook for something.
- They think you might be trying to trap them into something illegal (underage or solicitation).
- They think you're a slut (even though they are doing the same thing).
- They feel pressure to perform.
- They want you to like them.
- They also want to punish you somehow for being a dirty whore.
- They are bad at it.
- They want to feel a connection, not all are as into the random hookup as media would have you believe.
It was a mixed bag. I will say, I pigeon hole this type of guy in much the same way they pigeon hole women.
Questions After Ashley Madison
So I've been on the Ashley Madison site for about a week? Feels like forever. It was fun and amusing at first but the sheer volume of requests started to just gross me out. Honestly. What I found fascinating with it is the fact that the guys pay money just to chat to me. So I'm soon thinking, how do I get a cut of this.
I mean one guy talked to me for 5 days straight. Like hundreds of text messages just of naughty stuff. I never had to do or show anything. Just make up a bunch of lies. And my understanding is that they pay PER message. How do I monetize this??
I think if I stay on the site, I want to get something out of it. But how??
I didn't realize there was quite the market for girls that looked like me, to be honest.
- Use it to filter to an OnlyFans page
- Make them VenMo me if they want to keep talking
- Ask for SugarDaddies only
- Do I join a SugarDaddy site
This might be a passing thought because I have work piling up that I don't want to do or it might lead to something. Stay tuned!